Amsterdam Spook has organised theme parties and Halloween events in Amsterdam since 2000. We are looking for a freelance Event Production Manager to join our small team, starting as soon as possible.
Our legendary Halloween costume party draws in guests from across the globe and sells out in advance every year. We work year-round to create a fully immersive theme, a programme of some 30 artists & DJs, and gather in our studio on Sundays to craft props with a team of volunteers and artists. In addition to Halloween, we also organise signature theme parties.
The Event Production Manager is responsible for all logistics of the event and works closely with the creative team to execute a successful event. The work would be for two to three events a year, with the first event on 15 April 2017.
- manage and coordinate suppliers and all event logistics (e.g. venue, tech, horeca, transport);
- research venues, suppliers and performers, negotiate prices and hire;
- set up, manage and monitor online ticketing;
- manage all pre-event planning, e.g. timeline for set-up and breakdown, schedule acts and DJs;
- manage and troubleshoot on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly and to budget;
- oversee the dismantling and removal of the event and clear the venue efficiently;
- produce post-event evaluation to inform future events.
- ability to multitask and prioritise time;
- a wiz with budgets and genius with spreadsheets;
- resilient under stress;
- patient, resourceful, flexible and methodical;
- excellent communication skills, personable and professional;
- at least 2 years’ experience in event organising;
- not scared of monsters, or at least open to working alongside them.
Does this sound like you? Then please send your CV and motivation letter to Tamar at email@example.com before 24 January 2017!